Regardless of whether you live in an older home in Mount Prospect or a more modern home, mold can grow anywhere.
It can grow in the walls, tiles, ceilings, or flooring, and is more predominant in moist, humid conditions and areas that get a lot of rain. As mold spreads throughout your house (and starts to grow, this can happen fairly quickly), it releases what are known as spores. Mold spores can be thought of as tiny “seeds” that the mold uses to reproduce. As family members and pets in the home breathe these spores, they are at serious risk of becoming sick.
Often times, the symptoms that appear due to breathing in mold spores can be very difficult to identify, as they can often resemble other ailments. However, there are some warning signs that you can look out for:
Early Signs of Mold Exposure
The early stages of mold exposure can be difficult to identify, as they often seem like a regular cold, cough, allergies, or the flu. With a few mold spores in the air, they act as irritants and aggravate the nose, throat, eyes, and lungs. This can manifest as a runny nose, sneezing, coughing, and itchy, watery eyes. Apart from this, mold exposure may also lead to feelings of nausea, dizziness, and headache. But, as you can see, these are fairly standard symptoms and could mean anything, which is why the early stages of mold exposure are generally not that easy to identify.
Later Signs of Mold Exposure
With more spores in the air and prolonged exposure over a longer period of time, it goes without saying that this will lead to more prominent symptoms. Persistent dizziness or lightheadedness along with a constant headache are definite warning signs. Other symptoms include diarrhea, fatigue, and vomiting, which can lead to weight loss and hair loss due to the inability of the body to absorb key nutrients. This may also lead to rashes on the skin, loss of memory, and even sexual dysfunction. When the symptoms reach this stage, mold exposure becomes a very serious health hazard for everyone in the home.
Last Signs of Mold Exposure
If exposure to mold keeps continuing without employing the services of a mold removal and remediation company, those exposed can show very pronounced, serious effects that can have dire health consequences. In some cases, exposure to mold can lead to brain damage, bleeding in the lungs, coughing up blood, cognitive issues, memory loss, blindness, and cancer. In very severe cases, it may even be fatal.
What to Do If You Suspect Mold in Your Mount Prospect Home?
If you suspect that your Mount Prospect house has mold, the first thing to do is to call in the services of mold removal or remediation company before the amount of spores in your home gets to a hazardous level.
Professional remediation specialists will first inspect the home to determine the severity of the mold infection.
Then comes the removal process, which may involve isolating affected areas to control the spreading of spores, and physically removing mold from affected areas using special chemical agents.
Certain items like furnishings, upholstery, and drywall may be non-salvageable, depending on the extent of the infection. A HEPA filter may also be used to suck up spores and remove moisture from the air, preventing further spores from spreading.
Looking for a Mold Testing and Mold Removal Company in Mount Prospect?
Is your home or business under attack by mold? If you’re in need of mold testing and mold removal services in Mount Prospect, then Axis Response Group is the company to call.
We’ve removed mold in numerous commercial and residential properties in the Mount Prospect area. Our seasoned professionals can identify and completely eradicate any mold that exists within your property.
Contact us today to schedule an appointment!