Regardless of whether you live in an older home in Mount Prospect or a more modern home, mold can grow anywhere.
It can grow in the walls, tiles, ceilings, or flooring, and is more predominant in moist, humid conditions and areas that get a lot of rain. As mold spreads throughout your house (and starts to grow, this can happen fairly quickly), it releases what are known as spores. Mold spores can be thought of as tiny “seeds” that the mold uses to reproduce. As family members and pets in the home breathe these spores, they are at serious risk of becoming sick.
Often times, the symptoms that appear due to breathing in mold spores can be very difficult to identify, as they can often resemble other ailments. However, there are some warning signs that you can look out for:« Continue »